Our Vision for the Summer School
The Creative Clusters Summer School is intense, practical and fun. The principal ingredients are:
- In-depth exposure to the detail of projects and policies through collaborative learning, visits, focus groups, seminars, social and networking events.
- Behind-the-scenes insights into leading creative http://www.troakley.com/ workspaces that are contributing to the transformation of their local economies: The Media Centre, Huddersfield, the Workstation, anchor building in Sheffield’s Cultural Industries Quarter; and Saltaire’s dramatic Salt’s Mill.
- We show the pitfalls and perils as well as success stories. The projects we visit are all works in progress, all evolving, and we will look at the setbacks as well as the successes.
- Active engagement with the master-planning process for one of the UK’s most challenging towns: Dewsbury. We will analysis the issues and develop solutions, working alongside local people, planning experts and the regional regeneration community.
- Interaction, formal and informal, with practising creative entrepreneurs.
- Guest lectures from leading experts in the regional creative economy.
- Great social events: evening meals in some of Yorkshire’s finest gastro-pubs, and a final dinner in the beautiful setting of Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
- Substantial learning support: a in-course Workbook with an extensive digital archive of working documents from quarters and clusters around the world, to help you develop your own projects.
- Widely experienced Course cheap oakley sunglasses Leaders: Simon Evans (Director, Creative Clusters Ltd) and Lee Corner (Consultant and Trainer, LAC Ltd).
- Participation by seasoned local partners: Integreat, Yorkshire Forward, The Media Centre, Huddersfield, Sheffield Media and Exhibition Centre, Kirklees MBC, CIDA, Salt’s Mill.
Who Is It For?
The Creative Clusters Summer School is designed for professionals developing the creative economy in a city or regional context, from all parts of the world. It will benefit officials, consultants and researchers specialising in:
- Managed workspaces for creative businesses.
- Business support programmes for creative entrepreneurs.
- Local and regional strategies for the creative economy.
The School is particularly aimed at personnel who are taking on new responsibilities in this field and who – with practical projects to deliver – want a deeper understanding of how ‘creative economy’ and ‘place-making’ strategies can play a part in their regeneration work.
For more experienced practitioners, the Creative Clusters Summer School is a structured time and space to step back, away from day-to-day pressures, renew your vision and catch up with the latest thinking along with like-minded peers.
The course is intensely practical. Through guided visits to model projects and interaction with experienced professionals, participants will become familiar first-hand with cheap oakleys practical development tools. There will be continuous consideration of how these solutions might be customised for the participants’ own localities.
Addressing the ‘New Normal’
We are acutely aware that regeneration professionals everywhere face particular challenges at present. The programme is built around the belief that in times like these, with little money available, the principal resources available to economic development people are under-used buildings, and the entrepreneurial energy of local people. The School explicitly addresses how to mobilise and deploy these assets to best advantage.
Thanks to generous support from Yorkshire Forward, we are also able offer the School at a price that is affordable for those with limited professional development budgets. As well as individual delegates, we welcome small teams from organisations or partnerships (though we will encourage you to mix with others rather than stay exclusively with your group).
The Summer School will include delegates at different stages in their careers, and from different backgrounds, but with a shared interest in the creative economy. It is open to research students and younger delegates, but bear in mind that the emphasis is on practice and not theory.
If you are looking to develop a strategy for creative enterprise in your locality, or if you have a practical project to deliver such as a managed workspace or a support programme for creative entrepreneurs, then the Creative Clusters Summer School will help you:
- Deepen your insight
- Galvanise your project
- Focus your commitment
- Build your confidence
- Extend your network
The Creative Clusters Summer School is suitable for delegates based in any part of the world, as long as you are fluent in English.